While your favorite pair of trainers might be fine for an evening stroll around the neighborhood, they may not be the best choice for walking the slopes of the majestic Arenal Volcano in Costa Rica, or hiking along the famous Inca Trail to Machu Picchu in Peru. Fret not, we’ve enlisted our friends, and footwear experts, over at Road Runner Sports to help us round up the best shoes to go along with seven of our favorite, and most popular, tours.
1. The Brook’s Cascadia 12 – Perfect for meandering through slot canyons in Bryce, Grand Canyon & Zion. (For Men | For Women)
2. The Adidas Ultra Boost – You will stay comfortable and stylish while exploring the bustling streets of Tokyo in Japan. (For Men | For Women)
3. The Salomon Speedcross 4 – When you’re ziplining through the Costa Rican rainforest, this shoe will keep you comfortable wet or dry. (For Men | For Women)
4. The New Balance Fresh Foam Gobi v.2 – With superior support and shock absorption, truffle hunting in the forest of Croatia will be a dream. (For Men | For Women)
5. The Nike Air Zoom Terra Kiger 4 – Lightweight, with a sticky rubber outsole means exploring the ruins of Machu Picchu in Peru has never been easier. (For Men | For Women)
6. The Timberland FlyRoam Go Collection – Stylish, outdoorsy, and perfect for walking among vineyards in Portugal before wine tasting and a picnic of local specialties. (For Men | For Women)
7. The Merrell Moab 2 Ventilator – Ventilated and rugged, these shoes will have no problem handling the terrain when you’re riding a camel through the Saharan Desert in Morocco. (For Men | For Women)