On this earth, we have never seen anywhere more beautiful than the southern coast of Croatia. Even the grandeur of Dubrovnik—for 500 years the peer of Venice—didn’t prepare us for the simple, sweeping vistas along the Adriatic. We recommend going now, before the growing buzz attracts the crowds. Today, you can still spend an hour or two on a farm trail between the aquamarine sea and a patchwork of tiny fields with a scattering of goats—and never see another visitor. Again and again, you’ll see a red-tiled roof or a gorgeous little bay and imagine for a moment that you’re in Provence or on the Italian coast. But this is definitely Croatia; adventure will find you on leisurely walking tours where the tempo is slower, more peaceful. And you’ll find it incredibly easy to engage with the locals, whether our friends who run a family vineyard or the lacemaker who invites us into her workshop. This is our newest favorite destination and we are convinced that you will agree.
- Meet in Dubrovnik for a walk along the ramparts of the photogenic city that is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Experience the blending of Italian and Croatian cultures in the food by trying local specialties as sautéed squid or seafood risotto.
- Walk the coast along scenic shepherds’ paths and past stands of cypress to Cavtat, a gorgeous seaside village where there’s time for a leisurely lunch at a quayside café, shopping or even a swim.
- Ferry to Lokrum, one of Dalmatia’s loveliest islands, to wander its lush sub-tropical nature trails.
- Visit a monastery that is home to just two monks and then walk vineyard footpaths on the Peljesac Peninsula — Croatia’s Napa Valley — to a winetasting lunch.
- Skim across the calm waters to the beautiful island of Hvar.
- Smell the lavender as you walk through fields of it on the way to an olive mill for a demonstration of ancient pressing technique and a tasting.
- Accept an invitation from friends at one of the country’s oldest agriturismos in Milna for a memorable lunch of local specialties.
- Explore Roman emperor Diocletian’s palace in Split.
Starting Point:Dubrovnik – 2:00 pm – Lobby of Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik
Ending Point:Split – 1:00 pm – Split city center
Dates & Prices
The earlier you book, the more choice you’ll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won’t be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. Talk with one of our travel experts at 800-200-3887.Talk to an expert
Select our “Family Departure” to travel with other families.
Why Choose Classic Journeys
Travel + Leisure has awarded Classic Journeys the #1 World’s Best Tour Operator multiple times and says, "Classic Journeys provides unbeatable access to experiences around the globe." Here’s what that access means for you.
- Experience the world on foot and at eye level. Each day, join your guide on the most cinematic footpaths in the region.
- Exceptional full-time local guides who become your well-connected friend. Our amazing guides are with you throughout each day of the tour, share their lifelong connections as well as engaging anecdotes about the history and culture of the region.
- Small groups that provide you unrivaled access. An average of fewer than 10 guests per departure means we can offer you special access to sites like Stonehenge so you experience the stone circle when it’s closed to the general public, a guided visit to Zion Narrows that other companies cannot arrange because of larger group sizes, and vineyard walks with a count and countess in Tuscany.
- Award-winning hotels are waiting for you at the end of every day. Luxuriate in the finest and most distinctive accommodations in the region you’re exploring, including rainforest lodges, 16th century villas, and award-winning properties that show up on World’s Best and Gold lists.
- Eat like (and with) the locals. Food is a foolproof way into the hearts, homes and history of the places you visit with us. From gourmet picnics to coveted local restaurants, our meals offer you opportunities to explore native food traditions and fine dining.
- Handcrafted itineraries with all activities included. With our long-term friendships, we know our walking tour regions more personally than anyone else. So you get thoughtfully curated itineraries that combine explorations of the villages, organic farms, archeological sites and the people who know them best.
- Sustainable travel that supports the places you’re visiting. We put our local currency into the pockets of the people who live where we travel. It’s your guarantee that you’ll have authentic, up-close experiences on your trip. Best of all, our person-to-person approach helps sustain their ways of life.
- All breakfasts, 4 lunches and 4 dinners
- Full-time experienced guide(s) who are with you throughout the trip, handle behind-the-scenes logistics and are there to help with anything
- Admissions to tastings, historic sites and other scheduled events as noted in the detailed daily itinerary
- Gratuities for hotels, meals and baggage
- All land transportation during the trip
Above & Beyond Benefits
- When your group arrives, we whisk you and your bags to your room immediately. No waiting – no tipping.
Privileged Access Events
- One-of-a-kind access to remarkable people, places and activities arranged just for you.
Wine on Us
- In many regions, we uncork wonderful local wines at every dinner, compliments of Classic Journeys.
Amalfi Coast Cultural Walking Adventure
- 6 days
- Starting at $6,295
Sicily Cultural Walking Adventure
- 7 days
- Starting at $6,695
Slovenia & Croatia Cultural Walking Adventure
- 7 days
- Starting at $5,595