Entering a desert encampment after a sunset camel ride, you see only the glowing Berber tents carpeted with kilims. Cumin-scented stew simmers over a campfire. And away from the native singers and the circle of light, the sky is simply amazing. Not until a morning breeze stirs your tent’s flap do you see in full light how stunning your desert setting is. Our Morocco travel adventure is full of surprises and this is just one of the many we share with you. Colossal Saharan dunes. Cool cedar-forested mountains. Narrow gorges with ribbon-like oases in their depths. And the Kasbah? It’s the word for fortress and a restored one from the Middle Ages is actually one of our hotels. The marvelous news is that, for all its surprises and adventure, Morocco travel also delivers everything you expect. We take in the vivid, noisy markets as we travel. Morocco offers warm hospitality from a culture accustomed to the diversity of Berber, Arab, Jewish, African and Mediterranean influences. You may also be surprised to know that the climate is moderate; this is the coolest and most welcoming of the African nations.
• Go on foot at eye level to explore Fès’ labyrinthine 9th-century Medina.
• Savor the cuisine influenced by French, Portuguese, Arabic and Berber peoples at a variety of exceptional meals, including La Maison Bleue, one of Morocco’s finest restaurants.
• Walk through olive groves outside of Fès’ to visit the countryside home of friends who welcome you in for a memorable lunch.
• Cross the Middle Atlas Mountains where walks lead you through cedar forests and alongside shepherds moving their sheep and goats up and down the cinematic hillsides.
• Walk with a Berber tribesman through verdant countryside to an ancient village for a visit with local school children.
• Climb on to your own camel for a cinematic ride to the 1,000-foot-high sand dunes of Merzouga.
• Time the arrival to your private luxury encampment in the Saharan desert for sunset.
• Marvel at the otherworldly setting of your gourmet dinner under the star-filled skies.
• Follow the desert’s edge to a spectacular oasis where your footpaths are the same as the local women who walk to market in colorful dresses that match the vibrant bougainvillea that flourishes here.
• Channel your inner Indiana Jones as you visit a remarkable clay city on the caravan trail to Timbuktu.
• Walk among and between countryside villages in the Ourika Valley, following scenic paths that crisscross rivers and lead to tea with a family in their home.
• Explore Marrakesh like a native, following in the footsteps of Ives Saint Laurent at his home and gardens, and shopping in the world-famous souks for carpets, tribal jewelry and Moroccan crafts.
• Celebrate your final evening with cocktails and dinner in an elegant private residence.
Starting Point:Fès – 9:00 am – Lobby of Hotel Sahrai
Ending Point:Marrakesh – 8:00 am – Lobby of Les Jardins De La Koutoubia
Dates & Prices
The earlier you book, the more choice you’ll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won’t be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. Talk with one of our travel experts at 800-200-3887.Talk to an expert
Select our “Family Departure” to travel with other families.
Why Choose Classic Journeys
- Experience Morocco on foot and at eye level. Each day, join your guide on the most cinematic footpaths in the region, including through olive groves, cedar forests, alongside shepherds, with village women in oases, and connecting countryside villages.
- Exceptional full-time local guides who become your well-connected friend. Our amazing guides are with you throughout each day of the tour, sharing their lifelong connections as well as engaging anecdotes about the history and culture of Morocco.
- Small groups that provide you unrivaled access. An average of 10 guests per departure means we can offer you special ‘only with Classic Journeys’ access to experiences visiting friends at their farm outside of Fes and a private luxury encampment in the Saharan desert that other companies cannot arrange because of larger group sizes.
- Award-winning hotels are waiting for you at the end of every day. Luxuriate in the finest and most distinctive accommodations in Morocco, including a private luxury desert encampment and award-winning properties that show up on World’s Best and Gold lists
- Eat like (and with) the locals. Food is a foolproof way into the hearts, homes and history of Morocco. From private homes to coveted local restaurants, our meals offer you opportunities to explore native food traditions and fine dining.
- Handcrafted itineraries with all activities included. With our long-term friendships, we know Morocco more personally than anyone else. So you get thoughtfully curated itineraries that combine explorations of the villages, organic farms, archeological sites and the people who know them best.
- Regenerative Travel that supports the history, culture, people and places you’re visiting with us in Morocco. We put our local currency into the pockets of the people who live where we travel. It’s your guarantee that you’ll have authentic, up-close experiences on your trip. Best of all, our person-to-person approach helps sustain their ways of life.
We spend years cultivating personal relationships with our hoteliers to provide you thoughtfully selected accommodations that reveal the true character of the region. Here is a sampling of our favorite hotels on this tour.
- Award-winning boutique hotels that provide you unlimited access to the people and places, culture and history you came to experience
- 8 breakfasts, 7 lunches and 5 dinners
- Full-time experienced guide(s) who are with you throughout the trip, handle behind-the-scenes logistics
- Admissions to sites and other scheduled events as noted in the detailed daily itinerary
- Gratuities for hotels, meals and baggage
- All land transportation during the trip
Above & Beyond Benefits
- When your group arrives, we whisk you and your bags to your room immediately. No waiting – no tipping.
Privileged Access Events
- One-of-a-kind access to remarkable people, places and activities arranged just for you.