Blue-footed boobies do their slap-happy dance for you. Galápagos penguins dart under your sea kayak. A pod of sea turtles performs their graceful ballet around you. Baby sea lions paddle up for a better look. The giant land tortoises? They’re close enough to touch. If you go wild for wildlife, you’ve found it. AFAR magazine named our Galapagos trips “Best Wildlife Encounter”… in the world. Join our island-based adventure to skip the cramped confines (and back and forth zodiac rides several times a day) of a cruise ship to get up close and personal with the creatures you came to see. Naturalist guides lead you to extraordinary wildlife experiences, minus the flocks of tourists. You have abundant chances to walk, kayak, snorkel – and sip the occasional poolside cocktail. Then we take you a few steps farther – to the rim of the world’s second largest volcanic caldera, and much more. Throughout, you stay in luxury waterfront boutique hotels. And you can feel great knowing that we follow 'Leave No Trace' environmental standards and our close ties to the islands means this Classic Journey supports more than 50 local residents and their families.
- Join your naturalist guide for a fascinating walk that introduces you to the lagoons, mangroves and countryside of the islands.
- Come face-to-face with playful baby sea lions, as you snorkel with them as well as green sea turtles and marine iguanas.
- Keep your eyes sharp for blue-footed boobies to see how they hover over the sea and dive for fish.
- Walk through otherworldly volcanic terrain to the awesome caldera of Volcán Chico to experience new lava flows most people never see.
- Take a small fishing boat to explore Tintoreras to snorkel with the world's only warm water penguins.
- Start your days with a walk on the beach, a dip in the pool or a walk among flamingos and other wildlife easily reached from your perfectly-sited seafront boutique inns.
- Walk among giant, 500-pound tortoises as your guide leads you along a trail known to locals.
- Paddle kayaks over turquoise waters where manta rays and reef sharks glide below.
Starting Point:Guayaquil – 6:15 am – Wyndham Guayaquil – hotel lobby
Ending Point:Baltra Island – Santa Cruz – 1:45 pm – Baltra Airport
Dates & Prices
The earlier you book, the more choice you’ll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won’t be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. Talk with one of our travel experts at 800-200-3887.Talk to an expert
Select our “Family Departure” to travel with other families.
$998: This trip includes flights between Guayaquil and the Galápagos for a supplemental cost, including Galápagos entrance fee & Ingala card.
Why Choose Classic Journeys
- Experience the Galapagos on foot and at eye level. Each day, join your naturalist guides on the most cinematic footpaths on the islands.
- Exceptional full-time naturalist guides who become your well-connected friend. Our amazing guides are with you throughout each day of the tour, sharing their lifelong connections as well as engaging anecdotes about the birds, animals, sea life, flora and fauna of the Galapagos.
- Small groups that provide you unrivaled access. An average of 10 guests per departure means we can offer you ‘only with Classic Journeys’ special access to experiences like a jungle hike to a watering hole to get 1:1 time with the giant land tortoises, kayaking and snorkeling with sea turtles and Galapagos penguins, and a hike along the rim of Volcan Chica Negra to lava flows not seen by tourists.
- Perfectly-sited boutique hotels are waiting for you at the end of every day. And, because you’re staying on the islands, you have your choice of 24 hours in a day to explore any time, while the cruise crowd has only about four hours in a day to explore because of strict limitations on movement of the ships.
- Eat like (and with) the locals. Food is a foolproof way into the hearts, homes and history of the Galapagos. From ceviche making lessons to a seafood barbeque to a private lunch at a hacienda in the highlands countryside, our meals offer you opportunities to explore native food traditions and fine dining.
- Handcrafted itineraries with all activities included. With our long-term friendships, we know the people on the islands more personally than anyone else. So you get thoughtfully curated itineraries that combine the best wildlife explorations, organic coffee farms, volcanos and the people who know them best.
- Regenerative Travel that supports the history, culture, people and places you’re visiting with us in the Galapagos. We put our local currency into the pockets of the people who live where we travel. It’s your guarantee that you’ll have authentic, up-close experiences on your trip. Best of all, our person-to-person approach helps sustain their ways of life.
We spend years cultivating personal relationships with our hoteliers to provide you thoughtfully selected accommodations that reveal the true character of the region. Here is a sampling of our favorite hotels on this tour.
- Award-winning ocean-front boutique hotels that provide you unlimited access to the wildlife you came to experience
- All breakfasts, 3 lunches and 3 dinners
- All activities in the itinerary, including gear for snorkeling and kayaking
- Full-time experienced guide(s) who are with you throughout the trip and handle behind-the-scenes logistics
- Gratuities for hotels, meals, and baggage
- All land transportation during the trip
Above & Beyond Benefits
- When your group arrives, we whisk you and your bags to your room immediately. No waiting – no tipping.
Privileged Access Events
- One-of-a-kind access to remarkable people, places and activities arranged just for you.
Extend Your Trip
The Ecuadorian Amazon Extension
Extend your time in Ecuador with a stay at Napo Wildlife Center. This four day extension in the Ecuadorian Amazon includes canoe trips along lakes and rivers, forest excursions and fantastic birding opportunities. Paddle a canoe and walk through rainforests teeming with life. Get a close up view of the Amazon wildlife in the Yasuní National Park, a sacred land considered…Call Our Travel Experience Team To Reserve
- 6 days
- Starting at $6,295
- 6 days
- Starting at $4,995
- 7 days
- Starting at $6,295
- 8 days
- Starting at $6,995