There is no finer place to celebrate summer than the fjords of Norway. Whether you’re cruising the bright blue waters…walking on glaciers that carved the mind-boggling fjords…or exploring remote villages that cling to the shores, you will gain a wonderful sense of how climate and topography influence history, culture and daily life. Along the way, we feast on fish fresh from the North Sea with tart lingonberries for dessert. We wander lush wildflower meadows—and go for after-dinner strolls in the late-night sunlight. Of course, there are constant reminders of the Vikings, whose descendants are warm and supremely hospitable. Your visit includes stays in both Oslo and Bergen, cities that contain more forest than streetscape. This week brings you in touch with an incredible array of Norwegian experiences.
- Learn about life in Norway from medieval times to present day
- The all-night summer sun is still bright for tonight's dinner in one of Oslo's finest restaurants overlooking the city.
- The famous Flåm Railway is one of the most spectacular train rides in the world and precedes a cruise through narrow Nærøyfjord to spectacular Sognefjord, the largest fjord in Norway.
- Our hotel sits right along the Lustrafjord and is an ideal home base for several cinematic walks.
- Explore the glaciers by water and land, as we kayak on a placid glacier-fed lake and join trained professional guides to walk on Jostedal Glacier.
- Ride the local ferry from Solvorn to Urnes, a medieval village with a remarkable stave church that's a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Boat to Bergen, where a fascinating walk takes us through the fish market, into the Hanseatic Quarter.
- Summit Mt. Fløyen by scenic funicular, where the walking trails deliver amazing panoramic views.
Starting Point:Oslo – 10:00 am – Lobby of Hotel Bristol
Ending Point:Bergen – 2 pm – Bergen
Why Choose Classic Journeys
Travel + Leisure has awarded Classic Journeys the #1 World's Best Tour Operator multiple times and says, "Classic Journeys provides unbeatable access to experiences around the globe." Here's what that access means for you.
- Experience the world on foot and at eye level. Each day, join your guide on the most cinematic footpaths in the region.
- Exceptional full-time local guides who become your well-connected friend. Our amazing guides are with you throughout each day of the tour, share their lifelong connections as well as engaging anecdotes about the history and culture of the region.
- Small groups that provide you unrivaled access. An average of fewer than 10 guests per departure means we can offer you special access to sites like Stonehenge so you experience the stone circle when it's closed to the general public, a guided visit to Zion Narrows that other companies cannot arrange because of larger group sizes, and vineyard walks with a count and countess in Tuscany.
- Award-winning hotels are waiting for you at the end of every day. Luxuriate in the finest and most distinctive accommodations in the region you're exploring, including rainforest lodges, 16th century villas, and award-winning properties that show up on World's Best and Gold lists.
- Eat like (and with) the locals. Food is a foolproof way into the hearts, homes and history of the places you visit with us. From gourmet picnics to coveted local restaurants, our meals offer you opportunities to explore native food traditions and fine dining.
- Handcrafted itineraries with all activities included. With our long-term friendships, we know our walking tour regions more personally than anyone else. So you get thoughtfully curated itineraries that combine explorations of the villages, organic farms, archeological sites and the people who know them best.
- Sustainable travel that supports the places you're visiting. We put our local currency into the pockets of the people who live where we travel. It's your guarantee that you'll have authentic, up-close experiences on your trip. Best of all, our person-to-person approach helps sustain their ways of life.
Dates & Prices
Not ready to book just yet? Talk with one of our travel experts at 800-200-3887.Talk to an expert
Select our “Family Departure” to travel with other families.
- All breakfasts, 1 lunch and 4 dinners
- Full-time experienced guide(s) who are with you throughout the trip and handle behind-the-scenes logistics
- Admissions to tastings, historic sites and other scheduled events as noted in the detailed daily itinerary
- Gratuities for hotels, meals, and baggage
- All land transportation during the trip
- Award-winning boutique hotels that provide you unlimited access to the people, places, culture, food and history you came to experience
Above & Beyond Benefits
- When your group arrives, we whisk you and your bags to your room immediately. No waiting – no tipping.
Privileged Access Events
- One-of-a-kind access to remarkable people, places and activities arranged just for you.
- 8 days
- Starting at $5,495
- 6 days
- Starting at $5,795
- 6 days
- Starting at $4,995
- 6 days
- Starting at $5,495