Even as adults we play the "pioneer game" every time we visit this monumental trio of national parks. It goes like this: Imagine cresting the hill in your Conestoga wagon to behold these sights. How would you have reacted to canyons so deep, rock this red, bridges of stone and boulders poised on slender spires? These days, many visitors on Grand Canyon guided tours miss that sense of wonder as they RV past major points of interest. The Classic Journeys approach is different. We partner you with our knowledgeable guides who interpret what you see. (Did you know, for example, that the original Grand Canyon may have been created cataclysmically by the sudden draining of an inland sea?) We’ll make sure you get to less visited areas and experience the richness of the area’s geologic and human history. Yet we do it all without undue exertion. We’ve found easy trails—not to mention gracious lodges—to make certain that this journey of discovery is memorable in every way.
- Explore the first of the scenic canyons in our dramatic week together on a riverside walk that includes a stop for a picnic lunch in the shade of a cottonwood grove.
- Savor a welcome dinner in your historic lodge in Grand Canyon National Park.
- Sleep in or join for a sunrise rim walk before hiking the vermilion canyons where Butch Cassidy's gang holed up.
- Follow a remote but easy trail walk that offers jaw-dropping views from the north rim of the Grand Canyon.
- Marvel at the natural gallery of red rock wonders -- fins, spires, arches and mazes -- in Bryce Canyon.
- Journey into the heart of the Bryce, as our guide leads us through ancient rose-colored pillars of sand and stone that resemble a city of spires and minarets.
- Add new experiences -- a walk along the Virgin River with hanging gardens of wildflowers...a fine picnic lunch in an organic apple orchard...and gallery-hopping in Springdale.
- Experience the magnificence of Zion Narrows in a way unlike other tours -- the company of your expert guides.
Starting Point:St. George – 9:00 am – Lobby of Inn on the Cliff
Ending Point:St. George – 3:30 pm – St. George city center
Why Choose Classic Journeys
Travel + Leisure has awarded Classic Journeys the #1 World's Best Tour Operator multiple times and says, "Classic Journeys provides unbeatable access to experiences around the globe." Here's what that access means for you.
- Experience the world on foot and at eye level. Each day, join your guide on the most cinematic footpaths in the region.
- Exceptional full-time local guides who become your well-connected friend. Our amazing guides are with you throughout each day of the tour, share their lifelong connections as well as engaging anecdotes about the history and culture of the region.
- Small groups that provide you unrivaled access. An average of fewer than 10 guests per departure means we can offer you special access to sites like Stonehenge so you experience the stone circle when it's closed to the general public, a guided visit to Zion Narrows that other companies cannot arrange because of larger group sizes, and vineyard walks with a count and countess in Tuscany.
- Award-winning hotels are waiting for you at the end of every day. Luxuriate in the finest and most distinctive accommodations in the region you're exploring, including rainforest lodges, 16th century villas, and award-winning properties that show up on World's Best and Gold lists.
- Eat like (and with) the locals. Food is a foolproof way into the hearts, homes and history of the places you visit with us. From gourmet picnics to coveted local restaurants, our meals offer you opportunities to explore native food traditions and fine dining.
- Handcrafted itineraries with all activities included. With our long-term friendships, we know our walking tour regions more personally than anyone else. So you get thoughtfully curated itineraries that combine explorations of the villages, organic farms, archeological sites and the people who know them best.
- Sustainable travel that supports the places you're visiting. We put our local currency into the pockets of the people who live where we travel. It's your guarantee that you'll have authentic, up-close experiences on your trip. Best of all, our person-to-person approach helps sustain their ways of life.
Dates & Prices
Not ready to book just yet? Talk with one of our travel experts at 800-200-3887.Talk to an expert
Select our “Family Departure” to travel with other families.
- All breakfasts, 4 lunches and 3 dinners
- Full-time experienced guide(s) who are with you throughout the trip and handle behind-the-scenes logistics
- Admissions to scheduled events as noted in the detailed daily itinerary
- Gratuities for hotels, meals, and baggage
- All land transportation during the trip
- Well-sited boutique hotels and lodges that provide you unrivaled access to the people and places, culture and natural environment you came to experience
Above & Beyond Benefits
- When your group arrives, we whisk you and your bags to your room immediately. No waiting – no tipping.
Privileged Access Events
- One-of-a-kind access to remarkable people, places and activities arranged just for you.
- 6 days
- Starting at $4,495
- 6 days
- Starting at $4,495
- 6 days
- Starting at $3,995
- 6 days
- Starting at $4,595