Top 10 ways to see a UNESCO World Heritage Site
Experiencing cultural treasures in ways that are difficult to replicate on your own or with another travel company are hallmarks to how we travel at Classic Journeys. So I was thrilled recently when someone noticed that we visit UNESCO World Heritage Sites on 53 of our trips. When they asked me to share my favorite sites, it got me thinking and I developed my top ten list of UNESCO experiences, a la Classic Journeys.
1. Joining our local guide, Bertrand, for a barefoot walk across the tidal estuary to Mont-Saint-Michel on our Normandy and Brittany tour.
2. Exploring historic Quebec on your stomach during a progressive dinner on our Quebec and Charlevoix tour.
5. Enjoying a private breakfast at Stonehenge before the crowds arrive on our Cotswolds tour.
6. Overnighting on a private junk in Halong Bay on our Vietnam tour.
8. Shopping the medina of Fez with our amazing local guide, Jalil, on our Morocco tour.
9. Kayaking under the Roman’s Pont du Gard aqueduct on our Provence Family Journey.
10. Lunching and wine tasting with a vineyard owner in the Wachau Valley on our Prague to Budapest tour.
Have you had some memorable UNESCO experiences of your own? Want some help making your own wish list come true along Munro Beach watching the penguins come ashore in New Zealand or on the Dalmatian Coast walking Dubrovnik’s city walls? Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org