2. How do I get started? Please call us with your agency name and valid IATA membership and we will create your agent record with us.
3. Do you pay commission? Yes! We pay travel agents at least 10% on the base tour price*. Agents who are Classic Journeys Ambassador Agents are eligible to earn even higher commissions.
4. How do I become a Classic Journeys Ambassador Agent? Once you have booked five guests on tour with us, you are automatically elevated to Classic Journeys Ambassador Agents status for your next booking.
5. What do I get as an Ambassador Agent? A year-end bonus! Think of it as a cash back program. Each time your clients travel with you, we pay you a commission equal to 10% of the base tour price. Then, at the end of the calendar year, we send all Classic Journeys Ambassador Agents a bonus commission of an extra 2% on all of your clients who traveled with us in that calendar year.**
6. When do you pay commission? We’ll send your commission check to your agency of record the week your client(s) are traveling. Non-US agents who provide banking details will be paid via wire transfer in their home currency. For all agents, just compete a W-9 and submit to us prior to sending your commission.
7. I’m part of a network (for example: Virtuoso, Signature Travel Network, Ensemble, etc.). Will this impact how you work with me? We proudly work with agents of all affiliations whether you are independent or a member of travel networks like Virtuoso, Signature Travel Network, Ensemble and others.
9. Where does Classic Journeys operate trips? From Cuba to Croatia and Cambodia to Chile, Classic Journeys operates trips 82 regions in 42 countries on six continents. So wherever your clients want to travel, it’s likely we have local friends in the region and have been exploring there for many years.
10. I’ve never heard of you and I’ve been in the business for many years. That’s ok—you have now! We’re always happy to meet time-tested travel industry colleagues who don’t know us yet. That goes with the territory of being a boutique tour operator. We were founded in 1995 by a group of like-minded travelers and our passion for handcrafting trips of a lifetime has led to national and international recognition. We’ve been named a World’s Best Tour Operator by Travel + Leisure on more than 10 occasions including being rated #1 Tour Operator in the World. It’s true, we don’t often place full page advertisements, but we’re extremely proud that the quality of our tours has led to incredible word-of-mouth referrals and recognition.
11. How do I register with you? It’s very simple. Click here to complete our short travel agent registration form. Just provide us your name, agency name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, and IATA number. That’s it! You can then access all of our detailed daily itineraries, reach a dedicated guest services coordinator for each of our trip regions, price private trips, and reserve your clients on any of our departures online or over the telephone.
12. If my client has already reserved with you, can I be added to their booking? Yes. We can add you to a booking at any time and send you your clients' documents so that you can coordinate their Classic Journeys trip with other travel plans. However, in order to be the agent of record for the booking and to be paid a commission for it, you must be the one who reserves your clients for their trip with Classic Journeys, as we do not retroactively apply a commission.
* The base tour price is the published per-person price for any given tour, net of any discounts and before factoring in seasonal or single supplements.
**While your past bookings count toward status as a Classic Journeys Ambassador Agent, only bookings made after November 1, 2016 are eligible for Classic Journeys Ambassador Agent year-end bonuses.
Get updates on the latest travel. Sign up for our newsletter today.