Did you know you can hear the wings of a gliding eagle slip through the high mountain air? That deep-sea fossils hide under the crimson spikes of Indian paintbrush along the shores of high-altitude lakes? That those famous white mountain goats may actually have been transplanted from the Alps? There’s so much to experience on a Glacier National Park vacation that most visitors never even imagine. They drive through and snap some photos. The fanatics strap on heavy backpacks to escape the crowds. But Classic Journeys can show you the intense grandeur and deep solitude of this treasure in unique style. On easy-going walks carefully chosen so you can glory in wildlife and wildflowers. With visits to mining camps, ranchers and Native Americans for varied views of how humans have made their lives in this awesome setting. You’ll touch and appreciate Glacier as few people do with a fine mix of outdoor activity and perfectly located lodgings at the end of every exhilarating day.
Our Glacier National Park tours meet in Whitefish (1 night) where a gentle walk with views of the Rockies precedes a festive welcome dinner.
DAYS 2-3 - WEST GLACIER
On our first morning we walk through a beautifully sustained community trail to Swift Creek for a picnic in the forest. From our historic lodge in West Glacier (2 nights), we are off for a day of America's most spectacular scenery on Glacier's Highline Trail. One day, a local friend and member of the Blackfeet Indians joins us and shares the history, mythology and culture of the tribe through songs and stories.
DAYS 4-6 - MANY GLACIER / WHITEFISH
Many Glacier Hotel (2 nights) rests on the shores of Swiftcurrent Lake inside Glacier National Park and is the ideal starting point for a series of varied walks and stunning views from Sun Point. Wildlife sightings—elk, deer, moose, bald eagles—are common on the varied trails we’ve chosen (often with fine picnic spots as our goal). A century ago, railroad barons opened “America’s Little Switzerland” to travelers with amenities including lake steamers. In that tradition, we cruise Swiftcurrent and Josephine Lakes, and take walks that bring to life the history of the local tribes and the mining boom. On our final day, we return to Whitefish.
Starting Point:Whitefish – 2:00 pm – Lobby of hotel
Ending Point:Whitefish – 2:30 pm – Lodge at Whitefish Lake
Dates & Prices
Not ready to book just yet? Talk with one of our travel experts at 800-200-3887.Talk to an expert
Select our “Family Departure” to travel with other families.
- Well-sited boutique hotels and lodges that provide you unrivaled access to the people and places, culture and natural environment you came to experience
- All breakfasts, 5 lunches and 4 dinners
- Full-time experienced guide(s) who are with you throughout the trip and handle behind-the-scenes logistics
- Admissions to tastings, historic sites and other scheduled events as noted in the detailed daily itinerary
- Gratuities for hotels, meals, and baggage
- All land transportation during the trip
Above & Beyond Benefits
Privileged Access Events
- One-of-a-kind access to remarkable people, places and activities arranged just for you.
- When your group arrives, we whisk you and your bags to your room immediately. No waiting – no tipping.
- 6 days
- Starting at $3,895
- 6 days
- Starting at $3,795
- 6 days
- Starting at $4,295
- 6 days
- Starting at $4,395