When an early explorer described Wyoming’s wild wonders, people proclaimed them ‘tall tales’ and declared him delirious. But Wyoming truly is as fantastical as it sounds. Volcanoes sculpt this ever-changing scenery, where plains of bubbling geysers and technicolor springs merge into wildflower meadows, pine forests and sky scraping peaks. The wildlife is as jaw-dropping as the landscape—from grazing elk to howling wolves, and prowling grizzlies to soaring bald eagles. Lasso in rich the cowboy culture only found in the true Wild West, and you have yourself a week so unforgettable, folk back home might think you’re telling ‘tall tales’ too.
- Step into the Old West as you begin to explore the Cowboy State, with its cattle ranches, watering holes and hitching posts.
- 'Choose your Adventure' by taking to foot or saddle to enjoy scenic views and a high possibility of animal sightings.
- Walk through sagebrush flats to some of the most iconic spots including Ox Bow Bend, Signal Mountain look out, and Jenny Lake for epic views of the Teton peaks.
- Soak up western Wyoming's wondrous landscape from the water, on a cinematic raft float down the winding Snake River, spotting adorable beavers playing on the riversides and bald eagles soaring overhead.
- Bring the black and white pictures by Ansel Adams to life when you explore Yellowstone's Grand Canyon today in person.
- Marvel at the majesty of the two-part waterfall, carved by the Yellowstone River and thundering down more than 300 feet on a guided canyon walk.
- Hike through Hayden Valley, keeping your eyes sharp for bison, elk, grizzly, coyote, wolves, swans, and pelicans.
- Follow the Yellowstone River on foot, and with your guide be on the lookout for the iconic, protected Yellowstone cutthroat trout.
- Check your vision when you come face to face with Old Faithful because its colors -- the most crystalline blue, glowing yellow, deep terracotta red -- seem too vivid to be natural.
- Watch wolf packs in the wild, spy lone bison grazing in a field, and get a glimpse of grizzly bears within the brush as you walk in glacier-carved Lamar Valley.
Starting Point:Jackson Hole – 1:00 pm – Hotel lobby
Ending Point:Belgrade, Montana – 1:00 pm – Bozeman Airport
Why Choose Classic Journeys
Travel + Leisure has awarded Classic Journeys the #1 World's Best Tour Operator multiple times and says, "Classic Journeys provides unbeatable access to experiences around the globe." Here's what that access means for you.
- Experience the world on foot and at eye level. Each day, join your guide on the most cinematic footpaths in the region.
- Exceptional full-time local guides who become your well-connected friend. Our amazing guides are with you throughout each day of the tour, share their lifelong connections as well as engaging anecdotes about the history and culture of the region.
- Small groups that provide you unrivaled access. An average of fewer than 10 guests per departure means we can offer you special access to sites like Stonehenge so you experience the stone circle when it's closed to the general public, a guided visit to Zion Narrows that other companies cannot arrange because of larger group sizes, and vineyard walks with a count and countess in Tuscany.
- Award-winning hotels are waiting for you at the end of every day. Luxuriate in the finest and most distinctive accommodations in the region you're exploring, including rainforest lodges, 16th century villas, and award-winning properties that show up on World's Best and Gold lists.
- Eat like (and with) the locals. Food is a foolproof way into the hearts, homes and history of the places you visit with us. From gourmet picnics to coveted local restaurants, our meals offer you opportunities to explore native food traditions and fine dining.
- Handcrafted itineraries with all activities included. With our long-term friendships, we know our walking tour regions more personally than anyone else. So you get thoughtfully curated itineraries that combine explorations of the villages, organic farms, archeological sites and the people who know them best.
- Sustainable travel that supports the places you're visiting. We put our local currency into the pockets of the people who live where we travel. It's your guarantee that you'll have authentic, up-close experiences on your trip. Best of all, our person-to-person approach helps sustain their ways of life.
Dates & Prices
Not ready to book just yet? Talk with one of our travel experts at 800-200-3887.Talk to an expert
Select our “Family Departure” to travel with other families.
- Award-winning hotels that provide you unlimited access to the people and places, culture and history you came to experience
- All breakfasts, 1 lunch and all 5 dinners
- Full-time experienced guide(s) who are with you throughout the trip and handle behind-the-scenes logistics
- Admissions to scheduled events as noted in the detailed daily itinerary
- Gratuities for hotels, meals, and baggage
- All land transportation during the trip
Above & Beyond Benefits
Privileged Access Events
- One-of-a-kind access to remarkable people, places and activities arranged just for you.
- When your group arrives, we whisk you and your bags to your room immediately. No waiting – no tipping.
- 6 days
- Starting at $3,995
- 6 days
- Starting at $4,495
- 6 days
- Starting at $4,595
- 6 days
- Starting at $5,495