When an early explorer described Wyoming’s wild wonders, people proclaimed them ‘tall tales’ and declared him delirious. But Wyoming truly is as fantastical as it sounds. Volcanoes sculpt this ever-changing scenery, where plains of bubbling geysers and technicolor springs merge into wildflower meadows, pine forests and sky scraping peaks. The wildlife is as jaw-dropping as the landscape—from grazing elk to howling wolves, and prowling grizzlies to soaring bald eagles. Lasso in rich the cowboy culture only found in the true Wild West, and you have yourself a week so unforgettable, folk back home might think you’re telling ‘tall tales’ too.
• Explore the best spots in Grand Teton National Park, including Ox Bow Bend, Signal Mountain lookout and Jenny Lake
• Float down the cinematic Snake River on a leisurely raft ride
• Spot active local wildlife with your expert guide from perfect vantage points
• Step into a real-life Ansel Adams landscape in Yellowstone's Grand Canyon
• Walk cinematic canyon trails that lead to a 300-foot thundering waterfall
• Follow riverside footpaths that reveal cutthroat trout, elk, grizzly and black bear
• Come face to face with Old Faithful, the most famous geyser in the world
• Marvel at the bubbling mud, the vivid colors of the Hot Springs, and the hiss of the steam vents a Mammoth Hot Springs
• Stroll through glacier-carved Lamar Valley on a curated nature walk
Starting Point:Jackson Hole – 11:30 am – Lobby of Rustic Inn
Ending Point:Belgrade – 1:00 pm – Bozeman Airport
Dates & Prices
The earlier you book, the more choice you’ll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won’t be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. Talk with one of our travel experts at 800-200-3887.Talk to an expert
Select our “Family Departure” to travel with other families.
Why Choose Classic Journeys
- Experience the world on foot and at eye level. Each day, join your guide on the most cinematic footpaths in the region.
- Exceptional full-time local guides who become your well-connected friend. Our amazing guides are with you throughout each day of the tour, share their lifelong connections as well as engaging anecdotes about the history and culture of the region.
- Small groups that provide you unrivaled access. An average of fewer than 10 guests per departure means we can offer you special access to sites like Stonehenge so you experience the stone circle when it’s closed to the general public, a guided visit to Zion Narrows that other companies cannot arrange because of larger group sizes, and vineyard walks with a count and countess in Tuscany.
- Award-winning hotels are waiting for you at the end of every day. Luxuriate in the finest and most distinctive accommodations in the region you’re exploring, including rainforest lodges, 16th century villas, and award-winning properties that show up on World’s Best and Gold lists.
- Eat like (and with) the locals. Food is a foolproof way into the hearts, homes and history of the places you visit with us. From gourmet picnics to coveted local restaurants, our meals offer you opportunities to explore native food traditions and fine dining.
- Handcrafted itineraries with all activities included. With our long-term friendships, we know our walking tour regions more personally than anyone else. So you get thoughtfully curated itineraries that combine explorations of the villages, organic farms, archeological sites and the people who know them best.
- Sustainable travel that supports the places you’re visiting. We put our local currency into the pockets of the people who live where we travel. It’s your guarantee that you’ll have authentic, up-close experiences on your trip. Best of all, our person-to-person approach helps sustain their ways of life.
We spend years cultivating personal relationships with our hoteliers to provide you thoughtfully selected accommodations that reveal the true character of the region. Here is a sampling of our favorite hotels on this tour.
- Hotels that provide you unlimited access to the people and places, culture and history you came to experience
- All breakfasts, 1 lunch and all 5 dinners
- Full-time experienced guide(s) who are with you throughout the trip and handle behind-the-scenes logistics
- Admissions to scheduled events as noted in the detailed daily itinerary
- Gratuities for hotels, meals, and baggage
- All land transportation during the trip
Above & Beyond Benefits
Privileged Access Events
- One-of-a-kind access to remarkable people, places and activities arranged just for you.
- When your group arrives, we whisk you and your bags to your room immediately. No waiting – no tipping.