When an early explorer described Wyoming’s wild wonders, people proclaimed them ‘tall tales’ and declared him delirious. But Wyoming truly is as fantastical as it sounds. Volcanoes sculpt this ever-changing scenery, where plains of bubbling geysers and technicolor springs merge into wildflower meadows, pine forests and sky scraping peaks. The wildlife is as jaw-dropping as the landscape—from grazing elk to howling wolves, and prowling grizzlies to soaring bald eagles. Lasso in rich the cowboy culture only found in the true Wild West, and you have yourself a week so unforgettable, folk back home might think you’re telling ‘tall tales’ too.
DAYS 1-2 GRAND TETONS
Join your guide to see the best of the Grand Teton, including where peaks and pines reflect perfectly in the water. Then take to the water yourself on a raft ride along the winding Snake River. Spot beavers and bald eagles then stop for a spectacular farewell evening meal.
DAYS 3-5 YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK
Begin your exploration of America’s first national park by marveling at the Mammoth Hot Springs, as your Classic Journeys Guide explains how these fascinating, constantly-evolving formations came into being. Walk up to Yellowstone’s cinematic Grand Canyon in all its three-tiered glory, along the banks of the Yellowstone River and among half of all geothermal geysers on the planet, including the world-famous Old Faithful.
Starting Point:Jackson Hole – 1:00 pm – Hotel lobby
Ending Point:Belgrade, Montana – 1:00 pm – Bozeman Airport
Why Choose Classic Journeys
We believe in creating authentic connections by immersing you into the history and culture of a people and place. So we find the most well-connected local guides who share their relationships and knowledge with us. And with them, we handcraft walking tours in cinematic settings that allow you to see the world on foot and at eye level.
It's why Travel + Leisure magazine has named Classic Journeys as the #1 World's Best Tour Operator multiple times, and the editors of T+L say, "Classic Journeys provides unbeatable access to experiences around the globe." Here's what that access means for you every time you travel with us.
- Experience the world on foot and at eye level. Each day, join your guide on the most cinematic footpaths in the region.
- Exceptional full-time local guides who become your well-connected friend. Our amazing guides are with you throughout each day of the tour, share their lifelong connections as well as engaging anecdotes about the history and culture of the region.
- Small groups that provide you unrivaled access. An average of fewer than 10 guests per departure means we can offer you special access to sites like Stonehenge so you experience the stone circle when it's closed to the general public, a guided visit to Zion Narrows that other companies cannot arrange because of larger group sizes, and vineyard walks with a count and countess in Tuscany.
- Award-winning hotels are waiting for you at the end of every day. Luxuriate in the finest and most distinctive accommodations in the region you're exploring, including rainforest lodges, 16th century villas, and award-winning properties that show up on World's Best and Gold lists.
- Eat like (and with) the locals. Food is a foolproof way into the hearts, homes and history of the places you visit with us. From gourmet picnics to coveted local restaurants, our meals offer you opportunities to explore native food traditions and fine dining.
- Handcrafted itineraries with all activities included. With our long-term friendships, we know our walking tour regions more personally than anyone else. So you get thoughtfully curated itineraries that combine explorations of the villages, organic farms, archeological sites and the people who know them best.
- Sustainable travel that supports the places you're visiting. We put our local currency into the pockets of the people who live where we travel. It's your guarantee that you'll have authentic, up-close experiences on your trip. Best of all, our person-to-person approach helps sustain their ways of life.
Dates & Prices
Not ready to book just yet? Talk with one of our travel experts at 800-200-3887.Talk to an expert
Select our “Family Departure” to travel with other families.
- Award-winning hotels that provide you unlimited access to the people and places, culture and history you came to experience
- All breakfasts, 1 lunch and all 5 dinners
- Full-time experienced guide(s) who are with you throughout the trip and handle behind-the-scenes logistics
- Admissions to scheduled events as noted in the detailed daily itinerary
- Gratuities for hotels, meals, and baggage
- All land transportation during the trip
Above & Beyond Benefits
Privileged Access Events
- One-of-a-kind access to remarkable people, places and activities arranged just for you.
- When your group arrives, we whisk you and your bags to your room immediately. No waiting – no tipping.
- 6 days
- Starting at $3,995
- 6 days
- Starting at $4,495
- 6 days
- Starting at $4,595
- 6 days
- Starting at $5,495