Nothing can prepare you for your first sighting of the Northern Lights. The way they swirl through star-studded skies. The neon colors. The majestic silence. And the same goes for Alaska’s winter landscape. The Last Frontier state is a wildlife wonderland—wolf packs, grizzlies, foxes and hares roam free while eagles soar overhead—and from electric blue glaciers to cinematic fjords and bubbling hot springs, Mother Nature has truly outdone herself (no wonder Santa chose to live here, we wish we did too).
- Summit magnificent Mt. Alyeska by tramway for a top-of-the-world vista of Alaska's mountains and coast.Encounter Alaska's amazing wildlife up close.
- Join your guide for a cinematic hike on the mammoth Matanuska Glacier.
- Meet pro Iditarod mushers who recount their experiences of the harsh landscape and extreme weather while you play with their four-legged teammates.
- Take to a trail, snug in your sled as you speed through crisp air and utterly silent, snow-white forest.
- Snowshoe walk with your naturalist guide, keeping watch for wolves, moose, caribou and Dall sheep, as well as hundreds of bird species.
- Watch the legendary Aurora Borealis dance through the skies.
Starting Point:Fairbanks – 1:00 pm – Lobby of Pike’s Waterfront Lodge
Ending Point:Anchorage – 9:00 am – Lobby of Hotel Captain Cook
Dates & Prices
The earlier you book, the more choice you’ll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won’t be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. Talk with one of our travel experts at 800-200-3887.Talk to an expert
Select our “Family Departure” to travel with other families.
$250: This tour includes an internal flight for a supplemental cost. (subject to change)
Why Choose Classic Journeys
- Experience the world on foot and at eye level. Each day, join your guide on the most cinematic footpaths in the region.
- Exceptional full-time local guides who become your well-connected friend. Our amazing guides are with you throughout each day of the tour, share their lifelong connections as well as engaging anecdotes about the history and culture of the region.
- Small groups that provide you unrivaled access. An average of fewer than 10 guests per departure means we can offer you special access to sites like Stonehenge so you experience the stone circle when it’s closed to the general public, a guided visit to Zion Narrows that other companies cannot arrange because of larger group sizes, and vineyard walks with a count and countess in Tuscany.
- Award-winning hotels are waiting for you at the end of every day. Luxuriate in the finest and most distinctive accommodations in the region you’re exploring, including rainforest lodges, 16th century villas, and award-winning properties that show up on World’s Best and Gold lists.
- Eat like (and with) the locals. Food is a foolproof way into the hearts, homes and history of the places you visit with us. From gourmet picnics to coveted local restaurants, our meals offer you opportunities to explore native food traditions and fine dining.
- Handcrafted itineraries with all activities included. With our long-term friendships, we know our walking tour regions more personally than anyone else. So you get thoughtfully curated itineraries that combine explorations of the villages, organic farms, archeological sites and the people who know them best.
- Sustainable travel that supports the places you’re visiting. We put our local currency into the pockets of the people who live where we travel. It’s your guarantee that you’ll have authentic, up-close experiences on your trip. Best of all, our person-to-person approach helps sustain their ways of life.
- Well-sited boutique hotels and lodges that provide you unrivaled access to the people and places, culture and natural environment you came to experience
- All breakfasts, 3 lunches and 4 dinners
- Full-time experienced guide(s) who are with you throughout the trip and handle behind-the-scenes logistics
- Admissions to scheduled events as noted in the detailed daily itinerary
- Gratuities for hotels, meals and baggage
- All land transportation during the trip
Above & Beyond Benefits
- When your group arrives, we whisk you and your bags to your room immediately. No waiting – no tipping.
Privileged Access Events
- One-of-a-kind access to remarkable people, places and activities arranged just for you.