Practice saying: “I’m vacationing in the south of France this year.” Wonderful as it sounds, it’s even better in real life. Think quiet country trails that wind through cherry orchards beneath rustic perched villages. In season, purple ribbons of lavender drape the hills. A friend (who also happens to be your local guide) insists on drizzling your warm bread with the award-winning olive oil she presses herself. You bask in the legendary sunlight, in the very landscapes Cezanne and van Gogh painted. The cultural landmarks are inspiring too – from the Roman’s Pont du Gard aqueduct to serene Sénanque Abbey. And fair warning: on our walking tour in Provence you can get very used to lunches that end with ripe figs, goat cheese and a final sip of chilly rosé. This is Provence at its purest, and you will never forget it.
Meet in Avignon for a stroll that includes an exploration of the 14th century Papal Palace. On your first days in Provence, you'll enjoy countryside walks to the soaring aqueduct of the Pont du Gard and the Roman theatre in Orange, one of the best-preserved structures dating back to ancient times. From your hotel in Châteauneuf-du-Pape, you'll venture into the renowned vineyards and enjoy a private wine tasting.
DAYS 4-6 - ST. REMY / AIX-EN-PROVENCE
Across the Rhone, you're treated to Carrieres de Lumieres, maybe the world’s finest artistic sound and light show in the dramatic rock quarry in historic Le Baux. Then it’s on to your hotel retreat nestled in the countryside of St. Rémy with its own pool and private estate. You'll cook with Chef Alain Nicolet, who has earned Michelin stars for 16 years...and this year, you get to see why. Morning is the perfect time for a walk through the lavender fields to picturesque Sénanque Abbey, followed by a visit to the classic hilltown of Gordes. Your last day, follow in Cezanne’s footprints through Aix-en-Provence before parting company at the rail station.
Starting Point:Avignon – 3:00 pm – Hotel d'Europe lobby
Ending Point:Aix-en-Provence – 3:00 pm – TGV Station
Dates & Prices
Not ready to book just yet? Talk with one of our travel experts at 800-200-3887.Talk to an expert
Select our “Family Departure” to travel with other families.
- All breakfasts, 2 lunches, 3 dinners, and 1 cooking instruction
- Full-time experienced guide(s) who are with you throughout the trip and handle behind-the-scenes logistics
- Admissions to tastings, historic sites and other scheduled events as noted in the detailed daily itinerary
- Gratuities for hotels, meals, and baggage
- All land transportation during the trip
Above & Beyond Benefits
Privileged Access Events
- One-of-a-kind access to remarkable people, places and activities arranged just for you.
Wine on Us
- In many regions, we uncork wonderful local wines at every dinner, compliments of Classic Journeys.
Perfect Pairings Dinners
- A special dinner prepared by one of our favorite chefs with a procession of wines tailored to each course.
- When your group arrives, we whisk you and your bags to your room immediately. No waiting – no tipping.
- 7 days
- Starting at $5,095
- 7 days
- Starting at $5,595
- 6 days
- Starting at $4,995
- 7 days
- Starting at $4,895