Join us in these three must-see cities…to see them like most travelers never get the chance! In one perfectly timed week, you’ll discover the best of Italy without feeling like you’re in a rush. Our local guides know how to get you a ride in the best gondolas, find the creamiest gelato and pull strings to get special access to Michelangelo’s David and the Sistine Chapel. Near Florence, you’ll live like a Tuscan famiglia at a countryside hotel with swimming pool, easy access to bicycles and walking paths, and a treasure hunt in Siena. We bring sprawling Rome down to size from the Trevi Fountain to the Colosseum. Best of all, you’ll meet pizza-makers, art experts and friends who all give Italy a happy personal spin for you.
- Explore Venice on a privately guided walk to Piazza San Marco, the Bridge of Sighs, the Rialto Bridge and -- of course -- a gondola ride on the narrow canals.
- Zip by high-speed train to Florence where the city's amazing history comes to life on a walk from the red clay dome of the Duomo to the covered Ponte Vecchio across the Arno.
- Skip the line at the Academy Gallery to see Michelangelo's David.
- Choose how you want to explore the Tuscan countryside... by bike or foot as you drink in the Chianti region's intoxicating combination of views, history and culture.
- Visit the walled hill town of San Gimignano to see its medieval towers at sunset and meet the best gelato maker in the world (and taste his gelato for ourselves).
- Walk through the Tuscan countryside to visit with a family of shepherds who make their own cheese and treat us to a generous tasting at farm.
- Train to Rome, where a guided walk leads to the Trevi Fountain, the Spanish Steps, the Colosseum and the Roman Forum.
- Join your guide for a special visit to awesome St. Peter's Basilica and the Sistine Chapel to see Michelangelo's ceilings.
- Learn to toss your own pizza from a local Roman friend and engage in a debate over whether pizza "alla Romana" or pizza "Napoletana" produce the best crust.
Starting Point:Venice – 2:00 pm – Lobby of Hotel Saturnia
Ending Point:Rome – 9:00 am – Lobby of Rome Times Hotel
Why Choose Classic Journeys
Travel + Leisure has awarded Classic Journeys the #1 World's Best Tour Operator multiple times and says, "Classic Journeys provides unbeatable access to experiences around the globe." Here's what that access means for you.
- Experience the world on foot and at eye level. Each day, join your guide on the most cinematic footpaths in the region.
- Exceptional full-time local guides who become your well-connected friend. Our amazing guides are with you throughout each day of the tour, share their lifelong connections as well as engaging anecdotes about the history and culture of the region.
- Small groups that provide you unrivaled access. An average of fewer than 10 guests per departure means we can offer you special access to sites like Stonehenge so you experience the stone circle when it's closed to the general public, a guided visit to Zion Narrows that other companies cannot arrange because of larger group sizes, and vineyard walks with a count and countess in Tuscany.
- Award-winning hotels are waiting for you at the end of every day. Luxuriate in the finest and most distinctive accommodations in the region you're exploring, including rainforest lodges, 16th century villas, and award-winning properties that show up on World's Best and Gold lists.
- Eat like (and with) the locals. Food is a foolproof way into the hearts, homes and history of the places you visit with us. From gourmet picnics to coveted local restaurants, our meals offer you opportunities to explore native food traditions and fine dining.
- Handcrafted itineraries with all activities included. With our long-term friendships, we know our walking tour regions more personally than anyone else. So you get thoughtfully curated itineraries that combine explorations of the villages, organic farms, archeological sites and the people who know them best.
- Sustainable travel that supports the places you're visiting. We put our local currency into the pockets of the people who live where we travel. It's your guarantee that you'll have authentic, up-close experiences on your trip. Best of all, our person-to-person approach helps sustain their ways of life.
Dates & Prices
Not ready to book just yet? Talk with one of our travel experts at 800-200-3887.Talk to an expert
Select our “Family Departure” to travel with other families.
- All breakfasts and 5 dinners
- Full-time experienced guide(s) who are with you throughout the trip, handle behind-the-scenes logistics
- Admissions to sites and other scheduled events as noted in the detailed daily itinerary
- Gratuities for hotels, meals and baggage
- All land transportation during the trip
- Award-winning boutique hotels that provide you unlimited access to the people and places, culture and history you came to experience
Above & Beyond Benefits
Perfect Pairings Dinners
- A special dinner prepared by one of our favorite chefs with a procession of wines tailored to each course.
Wine on Us
- In many regions, we uncork wonderful local wines at every dinner, compliments of Classic Journeys.
Privileged Access Events
- One-of-a-kind access to remarkable people, places and activities arranged just for you.
- When your group arrives, we whisk you and your bags to your room immediately. No waiting – no tipping.