Join us in these three must-see cities…to see them like most families never get the chance! In one perfectly timed week, you’ll discover the best of Italy without feeling like you’re in a rush. Our local guies know how to get you a ride in the best gondolas, find the creamiest gelato and pull strings to get kid friendly access to Michelangelo’s David and the Sistine Chapel. Near Florence, you’ll live and play like a Tuscan famiglia at a countryside hotel with swimming pool, easy access to bicycles and walking paths, and a treasure hunt in Siena. We bring sprawling Rome down to size from the Trevi Fountain to the Colosseum. Best of all, you’ll meet pizza-makers, art experts and gladiator trainers who all give Italy a happy personal spin for your family.
We meet in Venice and explore the city on a privately guided walk. The sights are totally amazing including Piazza San Marco, the Bridge of Sighs, the Rialto Bridge and—of course—a gondola ride on the narrow canals. Venice is so compact that it’s easy to explore on a stroll everybody will enjoy.
DAYS 2-4 - FLORENCE & TUSCANY
The next day, a high-speed train zips us off to Florence. From the red clay dome of the Duomo to the covered Ponte Vecchio across the Arno, we take in great sights and the city’s amazing history on a guided walk. We’ll also visit the museum where Michelangelo’s David is on display---and go right to the head of the line to see the statue everybody recognizes. Then we head out into the Tuscan countryside. Our hotel here actually occupies a restored 13th century hilltop village that sits in a 42-acre park. It’s the perfect jumping off point for a bike ride to a Chianti castle to make pizza with our friend Massimo (and where the adults taste the estate’s own Chianti Classico). We’ll also visit San Gimignano to see its medieval towers at sunset, taste the gelato and go for a scavenger hunt in Siena. Later, we meet a family of shepherds who make their own cheese and treat us to a generous tasting at their Tuscan farm.
DAYS 5-7 - ROME
And we save the biggest for last! From the moment we step off our high-speed train in Rome, you’ll have an amazing time. On a guided walk, we’ll see the Trevi Fountain, the Spanish Steps, the Colosseum and the Roman Forum. On a free afternoon and evening, you can shop, relax and eat as your family pleases—anywhere from a classic Roman trattorias to pizzerias. On our last full day together, we arrange a morning visit to awesome St. Peter’s Basilica and the Sistine Chapel to see Michelangelo’s ceilings. And after that quiet morning, we cut loose in the afternoon when we put on tunics for a fun and fascinating lesson in how gladiators used to train to fight in the arena.
Starting Point:Venice – 2:00 pm – Lobby of Hotel Saturnia
Ending Point:Rome – 9:00 am – Lobby of Rome Times Hotel
Dates & Prices
Not ready to book just yet? Talk with one of our travel experts at 800-200-3887.Talk to an expert
Select our “Family Departure” to travel with other families.
- Award-winning boutique hotels that provide you unlimited access to the people and places, culture and history you came to experience
- All breakfasts, 1 lunch and 5 dinners
- Full-time experienced guide(s) who are with you throughout the trip, handle behind-the-scenes logistics
- Admissions to sites and other scheduled events as noted in the detailed daily itinerary
- Gratuities for hotels, meals and baggage
- All land transportation during the trip
Above & Beyond Benefits
Perfect Pairings Dinners
- A special dinner prepared by one of our favorite chefs with a procession of wines tailored to each course.
Wine on Us
- In many regions, we uncork wonderful local wines at every dinner, compliments of Classic Journeys.
Privileged Access Events
- One-of-a-kind access to remarkable people, places and activities arranged just for you.
- When your group arrives, we whisk you and your bags to your room immediately. No waiting – no tipping.