Provence is a food lover’s dream par excellence. Imagine walking in thyme-scented countryside, ambling home from the market with mesh bags full of amazing produce, and pouring an extra splash of wine to prolong an evening on the terrace. You’ll live the Provençal lifestyle for a week in a captivating sampling of the region’s finest small hotels, most engaging locals, and most delicious cuisine. Every day, there’s something new as you visit hilltop villages and walk to Roman ruins and an ochre quarry. Best of all, the week includes four cooking instruction sessions. You’ll get tips and secrets to Provençal cooking from a local chef…meet the farmers and artisans for whom the area is justifiably famous…visit local markets…and be welcomed to a private wine-tasting at Châteauneuf-du-Pape’s finest cellar. Most of all, you’ll get a complete and very personal taste of life in the sunny, storied south of France.
Meet in the walled city of Avignon, explore the 14th century Papal Palace, and settle into your Relais & Chateau hotel. Pay a guided visit to the Arles of Vincent Van Gogh and explore the seaside Camargue region - home to wild horses and flamingos - and enjoy an unforgettable cooking lesson. Your next lovely hotel in Noves is the perfect starting point for forays into the Luberon - picturesque Gordes, ochre-colored Roussillon, and a Michelin-starred restaurant.
DAYS 4-6 - UCHAUX / CHATEAUNEUF-DU-PAPE
In St. Rémy-de-Provence, you'll spend a morning at the weekly market to shop like the locals. Lovely strolls lead to the Romans’ Pont du Gard aqueduct…a visit to the vineyards and cellars of Châteauneuf du Pape…and a cooking instruction at a classic Provençal restaurant. After lunch overlooking the Rhone valley, you'll amble through lovely Séguret before parting company in Avignon.
Starting Point:Avignon – 3:00 pm – TGV Rail Station
Ending Point:Avignon – 4:50 pm – TGV Rail Station
Dates & Prices
Not ready to book just yet? Talk with one of our travel experts at 800-200-3887.Talk to an expert
Select our “Family Departure” to travel with other families.
- All breakfasts, 3 lunches, 4 dinners and 3 cooking instructions
- Full-time experienced guide(s) who are with you throughout the trip and handle behind-the-scenes logistics
- Admissions to tastings, historic sites and other scheduled events as noted in the detailed daily itinerary
- Gratuities for hotels, meals, and baggage
- All land transportation during the trip
Above & Beyond Benefits
- When your group arrives, we whisk you and your bags to your room immediately. No waiting – no tipping.
Perfect Pairings Dinners
- A special dinner prepared by one of our favorite chefs with a procession of wines tailored to each course.
Wine on Us
- In many regions, we uncork wonderful local wines at every dinner, compliments of Classic Journeys.
Privileged Access Events
- One-of-a-kind access to remarkable people, places and activities arranged just for you.