Come home from one of our tours of Normandy and Brittany and you’ll tell everyone you know about the day you walked to Mont-St.-Michel. The cathedral-capped island floats on water—at least until the epic tide recedes to reveal the sandy seabed. Then, as the faithful have done for centuries, we make the pilgrimage on foot to one of France’s most glorious landmarks. True, the provinces of Brittany and Normandy have their apple orchards and salt-meadow sheep flocks and picture-book villages deep in the woods. And we’ve planned beautiful walks among them. But like the people and history of this region, we always seem to come back to the sea. To explore coastlines that have seen invasions from Iron Age Celts to D-Day’s Allied Forces. To stroll in quaint ports that launched the Norman conquest of the British Isles. And to feast in restaurants where great platters of fresh oysters, lobsters and Coquilles St.-Jacques are standard fare. So much beauty, in the shadow of so much history, warmed by a lively hospitality makes this a truly unforgettable journey.
- Explore the famed UNESCO World Heritage Site, Mont St. Michel, on an ‘only with Classic Journeys’ excursion across the low tides. Soak in this memorable experience, on foot at eye level, as you immerse yourself in this island's rich history.
- Savor the seafood along the panoramic coast of Cancale, stopping to visit an oyster farm.
- Enjoy an 'only with Classic Journeys' private cooking instruction, dining on your homemade crêpes and galettes for lunch.
- Take a specially curated walk along Omaha Beach, experiencing what it was like for allied soldiers to arrive at these cliffs and beaches.
- Stroll through the classic Norman countryside with its apple orchards, wooded valleys, dairy farms, and quaint villages.
- Visit a family-owned distillery to taste Calvados, sipping on the legendary apple brandy.
- Marvel at the legendary 230-foot Bayeux tapestry for an up-close look at 11th-century history.
- Explore Honfleur, the birthplace of Impressionism, with a lovely portside walk with magnificent views from the Cote de Grace chapel.
Starting Point:St. Malo – 10:00 am – Le Nouveau Monde Hotel & Spa lobby
Ending Point:Deauville – 12:00 pm – Trouville-Deauville Rail Station
Dates & Prices
The earlier you book, the more choice you’ll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won’t be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. Talk with one of our travel experts at 800-200-3887.Talk to an expert
Select our “Family Departure” to travel with other families.
Why Choose Classic Journeys
Travel + Leisure has awarded Classic Journeys the #1 World’s Best Tour Operator multiple times and says, "Classic Journeys provides unbeatable access to experiences around the globe." Here’s what that access means for you.
- Experience the world on foot and at eye level. Each day, join your guide on the most cinematic footpaths in the region.
- Exceptional full-time local guides who become your well-connected friend. Our amazing guides are with you throughout each day of the tour, share their lifelong connections as well as engaging anecdotes about the history and culture of the region.
- Small groups that provide you unrivaled access. An average of fewer than 10 guests per departure means we can offer you special access to sites like Stonehenge so you experience the stone circle when it’s closed to the general public, a guided visit to Zion Narrows that other companies cannot arrange because of larger group sizes, and vineyard walks with a count and countess in Tuscany.
- Award-winning hotels are waiting for you at the end of every day. Luxuriate in the finest and most distinctive accommodations in the region you’re exploring, including rainforest lodges, 16th century villas, and award-winning properties that show up on World’s Best and Gold lists.
- Eat like (and with) the locals. Food is a foolproof way into the hearts, homes and history of the places you visit with us. From gourmet picnics to coveted local restaurants, our meals offer you opportunities to explore native food traditions and fine dining.
- Handcrafted itineraries with all activities included. With our long-term friendships, we know our walking tour regions more personally than anyone else. So you get thoughtfully curated itineraries that combine explorations of the villages, organic farms, archeological sites and the people who know them best.
- Sustainable travel that supports the places you’re visiting. We put our local currency into the pockets of the people who live where we travel. It’s your guarantee that you’ll have authentic, up-close experiences on your trip. Best of all, our person-to-person approach helps sustain their ways of life.
We spend years cultivating personal relationships with our hoteliers to provide you thoughtfully selected accommodations that reveal the true character of the region. Here is a sampling of our favorite hotels on this tour.
- All breakfasts, 3 lunches and 3 dinners
- Full-time experienced guide(s) who are with you throughout the trip and handle behind-the-scenes logistics
- Admissions to tastings, historic sites and other scheduled events as noted in the detailed daily itinerary
- Gratuities for hotels, meals, and baggage
- All land transportation during the trip
Above & Beyond Benefits
- When your group arrives, we whisk you and your bags to your room immediately. No waiting – no tipping.
Perfect Pairings Dinners
- A special dinner prepared by one of our favorite chefs with a procession of wines tailored to each course.
Wine on Us
- In many regions, we uncork wonderful local wines at every dinner, compliments of Classic Journeys.
Privileged Access Events
- One-of-a-kind access to remarkable people, places and activities arranged just for you.
- 7 days
- Starting at $6,295
- 6 days
- Starting at $5,995
- 6 days
- Starting at $5,455
- 7 days
- Starting at $5,995