When was the last time you broke bread with a shepherd? Were you sitting at a stone table in his garden, a Sardinian breeze rustling the leaves, with a corkwood plate of his homemade specialties? It’s a simple and simply remarkable event, just one of many we’ll arrange for you in this amazing week of Mediterranean adventure. Travel between the isles of Sardinia and Corsica and you’ll only venture eight miles…but they’re worlds apart. Corsica—part of France, but defiantly non-French—is blanketed in fragrant herbs and dotted with quaint villages. Sardinia seeks adventure. Travel through the island and see how it’s more rustic, mysterious; with a few thousand years of Phoenician, Spanish and Italian blood in its veins. Together, these two gorgeous islands are some of the least-touristed spots in Europe. When you leave behind the yacht-studded harbors for the mountains, pastures and vineyards of the interior, you have the rarest of privileges—to see and experience countryside and culture that seem to have stood still in time.
We meet our Sardinia & Corsica tours in the Sardinian town of Alghero (1 night). That Aragons captured the city in 1353 and it still has a visible Spanish influence. We'll wander the quiet, pedestrian-only streets, then enjoy an authentic cooking class for our first taste of the locally-caught seafood.
DAYS 2-3 - BONIFACIO
After breakfast we head north and take a light walk to a castle, perched on a promontory overlooking Castelsardo. Then we cross the 8-mile strait to the ancient Corsican town of Bonifacio (2 nights). Shop the afternoon away or join us for a great seaside walk. Moving inland we stroll in chestnut forests and taste the olive oil at an historic press. After picking up lunch in Sartene, we walk in a nature reserve and explore fascinating 5,000-year-old carved stone monoliths.
DAYS 4-7 - OLIENA / ALGHERO
In the morning, we ferry back to Porto Cervo on Sardinia's Costa Smeralda, mooring site of the yacht set. From our country inn near Oliena (3 nights), we visit a local baker...explore an archeological site with Europe's oldest stone towers...relax over lunch with a local shepherd...and savor a final dinner of the local specialties. On our final day, we return to Alghero for flights home or to other points in Europe.
Starting Point:Alghero – 2:00 pm – Lobby of Villa Mosca Hotel
Ending Point:Alghero – 2:00 pm – Lobby of Villa Mosca Hotel
Dates & Prices
Not ready to book just yet? Talk with one of our travel experts at 800-200-3887.Talk to an expert
Select our “Family Departure” to travel with other families.
- All breakfasts, 2 lunches and 5 dinners
- Full-time experienced guide(s) who are with you throughout the trip and handle behind-the-scenes logistics
- Admissions to tastings, historic sites and other scheduled events as noted in the detailed daily itinerary
- Gratuities for hotels, meals, and baggage
- All land transportation during the trip
Above & Beyond Benefits
- When your group arrives, we whisk you and your bags to your room immediately. No waiting – no tipping.
Wine on Us
- In many regions, we uncork wonderful local wines at every dinner, compliments of Classic Journeys.
Privileged Access Events
- One-of-a-kind access to remarkable people, places and activities arranged just for you.
Perfect Pairings Dinners
- A special dinner prepared by one of our favorite chefs with a procession of wines tailored to each course.
- 6 days
- Starting at $5,195
- 7 days
- Starting at $5,395
- 7 days
- Starting at $5,095
- 6 days
- Starting at $5,295