Nothing can prepare you for your first sighting of the Northern Lights. The way they swirl through star-studded skies. The neon colors. The majestic silence. And the same goes for Alaska’s winter landscape. The Last Frontier state is a wildlife wonderland—wolf packs, grizzlies, foxes and hares roam free while eagles soar overhead—and from electric blue glaciers to cinematic fjords and bubbling hot springs, Mother Nature has truly outdone herself (no wonder Santa chose to live here, we wish we did too).
DAY 1 MT. ALYESKA / PORTAGE VALLEY
Take the stunning Seaward Highway to Girdwood, then summit magnificent Mt. Alyeska by tramway for a top-of-the-world vista of Alaska’s mountains and coast. Experience the beauty, power and fragility of glaciers in the Portage Valley, and encounter Alaska’s amazing wildlife up close.
DAYS 2 - 3 MATANUSKA GLACIER / TALKEETNA
Join your guide for a cinematic hike on the mammoth Matanuska Glacier. Then meet Iditarod huskies and experience the Alaskan art of dog sledding through the wilderness. Spend evenings stargazing and northern lights watching in the wild winter wonderland of Talkeetna.
DAYS 4 - 6 DENALI / FAIRBANKS
Snowhshoe in magnificent Denali National Park, while you spot wildlife including foxes and wolves. Then meet an Alaskan reindeer farmer and join her for a woodland walk. Soak in thermal hot springs. Then cap your days with magical evening sessions under starlight, watching the legendary Aurora Borealis dance through the skies.
Starting Point:Anchorage – 9:00 am – Lobby of Hotel Captain Cook
Ending Point:Fairbanks – 9:00 am – Lobby of Hotel
Dates & Prices
Not ready to book just yet? Talk with one of our travel experts at 800-200-3887.Talk to an expert
Select our “Family Departure” to travel with other families.
- Well-sited boutique hotels and lodges that provide you unrivaled access to the people and places, culture and natural environment you came to experience
- All breakfasts, 1 lunch and 3 dinners
- Full-time experienced guide(s) who are with you throughout the trip and handle behind-the-scenes logistics
- Admissions to scheduled events as noted in the detailed daily itinerary
- Gratuities for hotels, meals and baggage
- All land transportation during the trip
Above & Beyond Benefits
- When your group arrives, we whisk you and your bags to your room immediately. No waiting – no tipping.
Privileged Access Events
- One-of-a-kind access to remarkable people, places and activities arranged just for you.
- 6 days
- Starting at $4,095
- 6 days
- Starting at $3,995
- 6 days
- Starting at $4,395
- 6 days
- Starting at $5,995