If you've ever seen the movie El Cid, you know that the Moors invaded Iberia then the Spanish chased them out. Of course, that took almost 800 years—and in the process created Europe's richest and most fascinating culture. Seville is the suavest of cities. The Alhambra? The way water in all its variety is used to cool air that whispers through beautiful stone fretwork is unimaginable. The vastness of la vega, the province's plain, is truly cinematic, scattered with whitewashed villages, punctuated by ruined alcazares (fortresses), and carpeted in vineyards, swatches of gnarled olive trees and stately groves of poplar. We stay in fantastic accommodations and at one of Spain's finest 5-star hotels. And the walks—in both city and country, through mosques and Spanish palaces—are gentle revelations every step of the way. Our local guides are exceptionally well-connected, so you get introductions to families that own the olive groves and even Alhambra's resident wood inlay expert. Can you tell Andalucia is one of our favorite places on earth?
- Meet in Seville for a leisurely stroll that takes in King Ferdinand's Alcazar and the chic shopping district.
- Journey into the Andalucian countryside to walk among green hills to one of Los Pueblos Blancos ("the white villages").
- Explore the clifftop town of Ronda, perched high above the Tajo Gorge.
- Walk the banks of a lovely river and enjoy a wine tasting at a vineyard where the buildings date back to the 16th century.
- Keep your eyes peeled for a large colony of flamingos on a walk amid the natural pillars of El Torcal National Park.
- Join a local friend from Granada for a personally guided visit to the Alhambra and shopping in the alcaizeria.
- Walk in fragrant forests and visit a traditional olive oil mill before arriving in Córdoba where visits include the elaborate Mesquita (mosque).
- Marvel at an up-close flamenco performance you'll never forget.
Starting Point:Seville – 2:30 pm – Lobby of Legado Alcazar
Ending Point:Córdoba – 12:00 pm – Lobby of Hotel Amistad
Dates & Prices
The earlier you book, the more choice you’ll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won’t be charged to transfer to a different trip before your final payment is due. Talk with one of our travel experts at 800-200-3887.Talk to an expert
Select our “Family Departure” to travel with other families.
Why Choose Classic Journeys
Travel + Leisure has awarded Classic Journeys the #1 World’s Best Tour Operator multiple times and says, "Classic Journeys provides unbeatable access to experiences around the globe." Here’s what that access means for you.
- Experience the world on foot and at eye level. Each day, join your guide on the most cinematic footpaths in the region.
- Exceptional full-time local guides who become your well-connected friend. Our amazing guides are with you throughout each day of the tour, share their lifelong connections as well as engaging anecdotes about the history and culture of the region.
- Small groups that provide you unrivaled access. An average of fewer than 10 guests per departure means we can offer you special access to sites like Stonehenge so you experience the stone circle when it’s closed to the general public, a guided visit to Zion Narrows that other companies cannot arrange because of larger group sizes, and vineyard walks with a count and countess in Tuscany.
- Award-winning hotels are waiting for you at the end of every day. Luxuriate in the finest and most distinctive accommodations in the region you’re exploring, including rainforest lodges, 16th century villas, and award-winning properties that show up on World’s Best and Gold lists.
- Eat like (and with) the locals. Food is a foolproof way into the hearts, homes and history of the places you visit with us. From gourmet picnics to coveted local restaurants, our meals offer you opportunities to explore native food traditions and fine dining.
- Handcrafted itineraries with all activities included. With our long-term friendships, we know our walking tour regions more personally than anyone else. So you get thoughtfully curated itineraries that combine explorations of the villages, organic farms, archeological sites and the people who know them best.
- Sustainable travel that supports the places you’re visiting. We put our local currency into the pockets of the people who live where we travel. It’s your guarantee that you’ll have authentic, up-close experiences on your trip. Best of all, our person-to-person approach helps sustain their ways of life.
We spend years cultivating personal relationships with our hoteliers to provide you thoughtfully selected accommodations that reveal the true character of the region. Here is a sampling of our favorite hotels on this tour.
- All breakfasts, 1 lunch (cooking instruction) and 5 dinners
- Full-time experienced guide(s) who are with you throughout the trip, handle behind-the-scenes logistics and are there to help with anything
- Admissions to tastings, historic sites and other scheduled events as noted in the detailed daily itinerary
- Gratuities for hotels, meals and baggage
- All land transportation during the trip
Above & Beyond Benefits
- When your group arrives, we whisk you and your bags to your room immediately. No waiting – no tipping.
Perfect Pairings Dinners
- A special dinner prepared by one of our favorite chefs with a procession of wines tailored to each course.
Privileged Access Events
- One-of-a-kind access to remarkable people, places and activities arranged just for you.
Wine on Us
- In many regions, we uncork wonderful local wines at every dinner, compliments of Classic Journeys.
- 7 days
- Starting at $6,295
- 7 days
- Starting at $5,995
- 7 days
- Starting at $5,995
- 6 days
- Starting at $6,395