If you’ve ever seen the movie El Cid, you know that the Moors invaded Iberia then the Spanish chased them out. Of course, that took almost 800 years—and in the process created Europe’s richest and most fascinating culture. Seville is the suavest of cities. The Alhambra? The way water in all its variety is used to cool air that whispers through beautiful stone fretwork is unimaginable. The vastness of la vega, the province’s plain, is truly cinematic, scattered with whitewashed villages, punctuated by ruined alcazares (fortresses), and carpeted in vineyards, swatches of gnarled olive trees and stately groves of poplar. We stay in fantastic accommodations and at one of Spain’s finest 5-star hotels. And the walks—in both city and country, through mosques and Spanish palaces—are gentle revelations every step of the way. Our local guides are exceptionally well-connected, so you get introductions to families that own the olive groves and even Alhambra’s resident wood inlay expert. Can you tell Andalucia is one of our favorite places on earth?
We meet in Seville (1 night) and enjoy a leisurely stroll that takes in King Ferdinand's Alcazar and the chic shopping district.
DAYS 2-3 - RONDA
Journeying into the Andalucian countryside, we walk among green hills to one of Los Pueblos Blancos ("the white villages") and then check into our hotel in Ronda (2 nights) and take a guided walk to explore the clifftop town. We’ll also walk the banks of a lovely river and enjoy a wine tasting at a vineyard where the buildings date back to the 16th century.
DAYS 4-5 - LOJA
On a morning drive, we pause for a look at large colony of flamingos, and then amble amid the natural pillars of El Torcal National Park. From a luxurious country resort that is one of the Leading Hotels of the World (2 nights), we journey into nearby Granada for a personally guided visit to the Alhambra and shopping in the alcaizeria.
DAYS 6-7 - CORDOBA
We’ll walk in fragrant forests and visit a traditional olive oil mill before arriving at our palatial hotel in Córdoba. Visits include the elaborate Mesquita (mosque). After our farewell dinner, it’s time for a remarkable up-close flamenco performance you will never forget.
Starting Point:Seville – 2:30 pm – Lobby of hotel
Ending Point:Córdoba – 12:00 pm – Lobby of hotel
Dates & Prices
Not ready to book just yet? Talk with one of our travel experts at 800-200-3887.Talk to an expert
Select our “Family Departure” to travel with other families.
- All breakfasts, 1 lunch (cooking instruction) and 5 dinners
- Full-time experienced guide(s) who are with you throughout the trip, handle behind-the-scenes logistics and are there to help with anything
- Admissions to tastings, historic sites and other scheduled events as noted in the detailed daily itinerary
- Gratuities for hotels, meals and baggage
- All land transportation during the trip
Above & Beyond Benefits
- When your group arrives, we whisk you and your bags to your room immediately. No waiting – no tipping.
Perfect Pairings Dinners
- A special dinner prepared by one of our favorite chefs with a procession of wines tailored to each course.
Privileged Access Events
- One-of-a-kind access to remarkable people, places and activities arranged just for you.
Wine on Us
- In many regions, we uncork wonderful local wines at every dinner, compliments of Classic Journeys.
- 7 days
- Starting at $5,095
- 7 days
- Starting at $5,195
- 6 days
- Starting at $4,995
- 7 days
- Starting at $4,795