London and Paris are much more than two of the world’s most famous and beautiful capitals. For many travelers, these two accessible and easily walkable cities are where they first discovered their love of travel. This trip is a modern-day tale of two cities, a perfectly paced journey hand-crafted to create that same opportunity for all of the generations of your family. In London, you’ll see the sights, of course. But then you’ll go even further with a private-access visit to Stonehenge at sunset and a Harry Potter-style afternoon tea. In Paris, you’ll skip to the head of the line at the Louvre Museum, cruise the Seine and go for a bike ride in the vast gardens of the Palace of Versailles. Based in perfectly located luxury hotels and in the constant company of expert local guides, you’ll explore with seamless ease and have fun every step of the way.
After meeting your guide in London, your first amazing experience will actually be outside the city. In the wide-open Salisbury Plain, your family will visit Stonehenge after it’s closed to the public…and watch the sunset while you wander amid the megaliths. You widest views of the city come on from the top of the towering London Eye wheel, and at street-level, a guided walk will take you to iconic sites like Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey and St. Paul’s Cathedral. After a guided visit to the Tower of London, you’ll walk Tower Bridge and sit down to a Harry Potter-style afternoon tea.
DAYS 4-7 – PARIS
A fast morning train ride through the Chunnel under the English Channel will deliver you to Paris. There, your guide will arrange a skip-the-line visit to the Louvre Museum to see the Mona Lisa. One evening, you’ll watch the City of Light light up from the deck of a boat on the Seine. Visits to Saint Chapelle Cathedral are musts, not to mention a walk through a neighborhood market and a visit to a chocolatier. And you’ll get a fun and unique look at the Palace of Versailles, starting with a bike ride through the 2,000-acre gardens filled with flowers, fountains
Starting Point:London – 2:00 pm – Lobby of the Ampersand Hotel
Ending Point:Paris – 9:00 am – Lobby of Hotel Au Manoir St. Germaine
Dates & Prices
The earlier you book, the more choice you’ll have and the lower your price. And you can always change your mind — you won’t be charged to transfer to a different trip before final payment is due.Talk to an expert
Select our “Family Departure” to travel with other families.
Why Choose Classic Journeys
Travel + Leisure has awarded Classic Journeys the #1 World’s Best Tour Operator multiple times and says, "Classic Journeys provides unbeatable access to experiences around the globe." Here’s what that access means for you.
- Experience the world on foot and at eye level. Each day, join your guide on the most cinematic footpaths in the region.
- Exceptional full-time local guides who become your well-connected friend. Our amazing guides are with you throughout each day of the tour, share their lifelong connections as well as engaging anecdotes about the history and culture of the region.
- Small groups that provide you unrivaled access. An average of fewer than 10 guests per departure means we can offer you special access to sites like Stonehenge so you experience the stone circle when it’s closed to the general public, a guided visit to Zion Narrows that other companies cannot arrange because of larger group sizes, and vineyard walks with a count and countess in Tuscany.
- Award-winning hotels are waiting for you at the end of every day. Luxuriate in the finest and most distinctive accommodations in the region you’re exploring, including rainforest lodges, 16th century villas, and award-winning properties that show up on World’s Best and Gold lists.
- Eat like (and with) the locals. Food is a foolproof way into the hearts, homes and history of the places you visit with us. From gourmet picnics to coveted local restaurants, our meals offer you opportunities to explore native food traditions and fine dining.
- Handcrafted itineraries with all activities included. With our long-term friendships, we know our walking tour regions more personally than anyone else. So you get thoughtfully curated itineraries that combine explorations of the villages, organic farms, archeological sites and the people who know them best.
- Sustainable travel that supports the places you’re visiting. We put our local currency into the pockets of the people who live where we travel. It’s your guarantee that you’ll have authentic, up-close experiences on your trip. Best of all, our person-to-person approach helps sustain their ways of life.
- Award-winning boutique hotels that provide you unlimited access to the people and places, culture and history you came to experience
- All breakfasts, 3, lunches, and 5 dinners
- Full-time experienced guide(s) who are with you throughout the trip and handle behind-the-scenes logistics
- Admissions to tastings, historic sites and other scheduled events as noted in the detailed daily itinerary
- Gratuities for hotels, meals, and baggage
- All land transportation during the trip
Above & Beyond Benefits
- When your group arrives, we whisk you and your bags to your room immediately. No waiting – no tipping.
Privileged Access Events
- One-of-a-kind access to remarkable people, places and activities arranged just for you.
Scotland Cultural Walking Adventure
- 7 days
- Starting at $5,995
Ireland Cultural Walking Adventure
- 6 days
- Starting at $5,195
Cotswolds Cultural Walking Adventure
- 7 days
- Starting at $5,995