Celebrate the warmth, colorful tradition and shimmering sense of expectation that can only be found in Europe’s most legendary Christmas markets. This remarkable trip takes you to the finest ones in Prague, Vienna and Budapest and, en route, it offers a lovely, more intimate contrast with smaller-town fairs in Cesky Krumlov and Ceské Budejovice in the Czech Republic. You’ll almost feel like you’re time traveling as you explore cities that have remained remarkably unchanged over the centuries. And with your friendly local guides, you’ll learn about the vivid history, experience rich cultural traditions, and get just the kind of advice you want if you’re shopping the stalls or looking for the perfect wooden toys, Bohemian crystal or even fresh-baked holiday pastry. There’s no more perfect way to capture the season’s spirit…and immerse yourself in a holiday shopping expedition like no other!
DAY 1 - PRAGUE
Imperial Prague (1 night) is one of Europe’s most beautiful cities, and after meeting we’ll spend an easy afternoon discovering its bridges, cobblestone alleyways and magnificent Old Town. Of course, we will enjoy our first Christmas Market this evening!
DAYS 2-3 - CESKY KRUMLOV / SALZBURG
Join your guide for an exploration of Cesky Krumlov's special wonders: the massive castle that dates back to the 13th century. The next day we stroll the narrow streets of Salzburg with your guide. Salzburg is a remarkably preserved village now recognized as a historic site. Experince the lively Christmas market is held in the town square
DAYS 4-5 - VIENNA
There is no finer expression of the power and glory of Imperial Vienna that Schönbrunn Palace, and it is the spectacular centerpiece of a day full of memorable activities. In addition to a privately guided tour, the most romantic of all of the Viennese holiday markets happens right here in front of the palace. A giant Christmas tree is silhouetted against the baroque palace façade. Usually, there are 60 stalls; the offerings are especially opulent.
DAYS 6-7 - BUDAPEST
We proceed to Budapest (1 night) where the day ends with a promenade along the Danube. In a fascinating daylong exploration, we ramble from the Royal Palace in Buda to Europe’s largest synagogue and a district overflowing with cafes and musicians in Pest.
Starting Point:Prague – 12:00 pm – Lobby of Hotel Pariz
Ending Point:Budapest – 9:00 am – lobby of Corinthia Hotel
Dates & Prices
Not ready to book just yet? Talk with one of our travel experts at 800-200-3887.Talk to an expert
Select our “Family Departure” to travel with other families.
- Award-winning accommodations at luxury boutique hotels
- Memorable meals that include all breakfasts, 1 lunch, and 4 dinners
- Full-time experienced guide(s) who are with you throughout the trip and handle behind-the-scenes logistics
- Admissions to scheduled events as noted in the detailed daily itinerary
- Gratuities for hotels, meals, and baggage
- All land transportation during the trip
Above & Beyond Benefits
Privileged Access Events
- One-of-a-kind access to remarkable people, places and activities arranged just for you.
Wine on Us
- In many regions, we uncork wonderful local wines at every dinner, compliments of Classic Journeys.
- When your group arrives, we whisk you and your bags to your room immediately. No waiting – no tipping.
Perfect Pairings Dinners
- A special dinner prepared by one of our favorite chefs with a procession of wines tailored to each course.