Yosemite is extraordinary: A valley millions of years in the making, soaring granite peaks meet groves of teetering sequoias, and the Merced River thunders down some of the tallest waterfalls on the planet.
Visit every year and you’d still discover new places—or explore the Classic Journeys way to experience the best of everything in six spectacular days.
A Yosemite local, your guide walks you through the sculpting effects of the ice age, the lives of natives, the great California gold rush, and the future of one of the world’s last wild spaces. Spend your days walking, cycling and rafting through this UNESCO World Heritage wonderland, where enchanting wildlife encounters abound from bear cubs to butterflies. Enjoy hearty Californian cuisine at some of the most panoramic picnic spots in America. And in the evenings, stargaze worlds away from city lights in the region’s loveliest lodges.
Journey from Fresno to the charming village of Fish Camp, stopping for a walk among some of the largest living things on the planet: a grove of soaring sequoia trees.
Days 2-3 – Yosemite Valley
Walk, cycle—and if you choose to, raft—through the wonderful wilderness of Yosemite Valley. Experience the changing nature of the Merced River, from blissful banks to thundering waterfalls. Spot wildlife and birds stop by some of the park’s most interesting visitor centers.
Days 4 & 5 – Tuolumne Meadows / Hetch Hetchy
Explore some of the most peaceful and photogenic parts of the park on walks with your local guide, from wildflower meadows to a cinematic submerged sacred valley.
Day 6 – Carlon Falls / Fresno
Join your guide for a morning waterfall walk, or sleep in before returning to Fresno for your homeward journey.
Starting Point:Fresno – 1:00 pm – Lobby of Hotel
Ending Point:Fresno – 12:00 pm – Airport or city center hotel
Dates & Prices
Not ready to book just yet? Talk with one of our travel experts at 800-200-3887.Talk to an expert
Select our “Family Departure” to travel with other families.
- Well-sited boutique hotels and lodges that provide you unrivaled access to the people and places, culture and natural environment you came to experience
- All breakfasts, 4 lunches and 3 dinners
- Full-time experienced guide(s) who are with you throughout the trip and handle behind-the-scenes logistics
- Admissions to scheduled events as noted in the detailed daily itinerary
- Gratuities for hotels, meals, and baggage
- All land transportation during the trip
Above & Beyond Benefits
Privileged Access Events
- One-of-a-kind access to remarkable people, places and activities arranged just for you.
- 6 days
- Starting at $4,095
- 6 days
- Starting at $3,895
- 6 days
- Starting at $4,295
- 6 days
- Starting at $3,995