In the four syllables of Hiroshima lie an infinite number of feelings and a range of experiences that have made the city one of Japan’s most-visited destinations. As a memorial to human tenacity over the utter destruction of war, this is an essential for every traveler who seeks to understand our world. Our visit pays respect to the consequences of the detonation of the first atomic bomb. But we also explore the beauty and more distant history of Hiroshima with visits to the sacred island of Miyajima and Shukkeien Garden, where perfect landscapes are created in miniature. Experienced on the heels of a week in Tokyo, Hakone and Kyoto, these days in Hiroshima will add immeasurably to your understanding of contemporary life in Japan.
From the Kyoto hotel where your Japan trip concluded, we’ll transfer to Kyoto train station, where you will board a bullet train bound for the city of Hiroshima. Activities today include, boarding a ferry for a cruise to Miyajima, the sacred island of Shintoism floating in the Inland Sea, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
DAYS 2-3 - HIROSHIMA / DEPARTURE
Our first visit is to the Peace Memorial Park. This was ground zero. The park, dedicated to those who lost their lives in the attack, contains the A-Bomb Dome, the haunting skeletal remains of what was once the Hiroshima Prefectural Industrial Promotion Hall. In the afternoon we visit Shukkeien Garden, truly a paragon of the legendary landscape esthetic of Japan. Your deprature transfer to Hiroshima Airport or Osaka Airport is included.
Starting Point:Kyoto – 9:30 am – Kyoto hotel lobby
Ending Point:Hiroshima – – Hiroshima hotel lobby
Dates & Prices
Not ready to book just yet? Talk with one of our travel experts at 800-200-3887.Talk to an expert
Select our “Family Departure” to travel with other families.
- Award-winning boutique hotels that provide you unlimited access to the people and places, culture and history you came to experience
- All breakfasts and 2 dinners
- Full-time experienced guide
- Admissions to sites and other scheduled events as noted in the detailed daily itinerary
- All land transportation during the trip
Above & Beyond Benefits
- When your group arrives, we whisk you and your bags to your room immediately. No waiting – no tipping.
Privileged Access Events
- One-of-a-kind access to remarkable people, places and activities arranged just for you.